Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Love Tip of the Day ~ The Big Kiss

I decided to set the tone from the beginning, showing my new girlfriend what romance was in store for her with me. I made the presentation of my first gift special for her. I got a large box. I filled it with a layer of small helium-filled balloons, in her favorite color of purple, held down by a piece of purple construction paper, and the present.

I had previously taken a large sheet of heavy aluminum foil and carefully shaped it into a bowl with a small paper pie plate on the bottom, to keep it flat. I filled it with a couple large bags of Hershey's kisses, plus a few for good measure. Then I carefully shaped the foil into the shape of a giant kiss. I added a strip of paper sticking out of the top of the foil, with a small message about wanting to give her a big kiss. After placing this in the box, I taped the construction paper to the bottom of the kiss.

I carefully slipped several more balloons into the box and used two of the flaps to hold them in. I poured a bag of purple heart-shaped confetti inside. Then I slipped in dozens of red and purple hearts that I had cut from craft paper. I wrapped the box in purple crepe and put a giant purple bow on top.

I took her to lunch at her favorite restaurant with hints that it was a significant date for us and I had a special surprise. When she opened the top, the balloons floated out and showered her with confetti and paper hearts. Then she saw the "Big Kiss" I said I had wanted to give her. She was even more touched to read the slip of paper where I wrote that there was one kiss for every day of the 6 months since I had met her.

She has since make a big deal of letting me redeem every one of the Hershey kiss strips for a big kiss. Hershey's hug and kiss strips are now like a coupon currency for us, as if we needed an excuse to hug and kiss...
--Today's Love Tip Submitted by Phoenix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home