Friday, January 28, 2005

say love...

1. Do You Mean It?

Decide if you really want to say "I love you" or if
you have an ulterior motive. Escalating a
relationship to the love phase for sexual, financial,
or other secondary reasons only causes problems
down the road.


2. Will it be Reciprocated?

Calculate whether or not you believe your partner
is
at the same juncture. If you partner is using
phrases like, "I'm falling for you", "I've never felt this
way", or "I could spend forever with you", there's a
good chance your "I love you" will be reciprocated.


3. How Will the Message be Delivered?

Decide the best way to communicate the message
based on you and your partner's style. If your
partner loves text messages or emails, consider a
cyber-expression. If your partner is the
spontaneous type, then mix the "I love you" into a
fun-filled evening together.


4. Can you Back it Up?

Saying "I love you" for the first time will be more
meaningful and impactful if you back it up with a
few reasons. Tell your partner what you love about
them, whether it's their gentle spirit, passionate
kisses, or optimistic outlook on life.


5. Will you Take the Pressure Off?

Your partner may respond positively immediately
or
they may be caught off guard and need some time
to let the moment sink in. If your partner doesn't
respond right away, give it a chance. There's no
reason to cause a fight. Just because you've been
planning this moment, remember it's new and
possibly out of the blue for your partner.

6. Are you Ready for the Next Step?

Don't get fooled into believing all the pressure is
lifted once "I love you" is on the table from both
parties. Escalating a relationship to the "I love you"
phase opens the door to discussing long term
commitment and possibly marriage. Be ready for
the next steps if you say "I love you".

Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home